association of some 31,000 autonomous clubs in 166 countries, Rotary
International is one of the world's largest service organisations. The
goal for a club's membership is an up-to-date and progressive
representation of the community's business, vocational and professional
An important distinction between Rotary and other organisations is that
membership in Rotary is by invitation. Rotary clubs invite individuals
to join and become members.
Membership is vital to a Rotary club's operations and community service
activities. A primary goal of the club is to continually expand the
club with committed members who have the interest and ability to get involved in service and humanitarian projects.
Prospective members we seek:
• hold - or be retired from - a professional, proprietary, executive, or managerial position...
• have the capacity to meet the club's weekly attendance or community project participation requirements...
• live or work within the locality of the club or the surrounding area...
For further information about membership of The Rotary Club of Shellharbour City, please contact our Club Secretary - ( through our contacts page )
THE MEMBERSHIP PROCESS
a person/s being considered for membership is invited by a member /
sponsor to attend one or more club meetings to learn more about Rotary.
The sponsor may then submit the name of the candidate to the club's
If you are
interested in membership but do not know any Rotarians you can contact
your local club directly. You can search for clubs in Australasia at http://www.rotarnet.com.au/ .
Effecting change within the community.
• Developing leadership skills.
• Gaining an understanding of — and having an impact on — international humanitarian issues.
• Developing relationships with community and business leaders.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERS
For further information about membership, please contact your local Rotary Club.
• Membership Referral Form
• Online Membership Referral Form
• Online Prospective Member Contact Form