Why on earth would you join this organisation and give your time for no pay, put in unsociable hours and get no superannuation or any other financial benefits?
But there are some things in life that you can't put a value on. Like volunteering. Becoming an active member of the Mt Barker Rotary could be much more rewarding than you can imagine. Here's why...
- You could be making donuts at the Royal Adelaide Show. Each year volunteers from the Mt Barker and Blakiston Rotary Club's volunteer their time to make donuts. In fact you could even end up smelling like a donut, but despite the sore feet and the desperate need for sleep your head will hit the pillow with a feeling of satisfaction that you have done your bit to help make the lives of other less fortunate that much better.
- You could attend one of the many Rotary district training courses that aim to develop you and your club
- You could just chew the fat with some of the clubs old timers
- You could help build a playground for kids, like Anembo Park
- You could travel to remote parts of South Australia as part of Operation Flinders, a South Australian based charitable organisation that runs a world leading wilderness adventure program for young offenders and young people at risk
- Or you could co-ordinate and contribute to one of the many international projects like digging a well in a remote African community
Plus, you meet some amazing people. Today's modern Rotary will typically be run by some of your communities high achievers - a great bunch of people to get to know.
So how do you find out more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org